Angelus Top Ad

The Hat Jack - Fitted Cap Stretcher

Do you have any fitteds that just fit a little snug? If you do there is a solution.

I buy alot of older release New Era "on fields" and most of the time I buy online. Since I buy online, I don't get a chance to try them on before they get here and sometimes they don't fit. Sometimes they are just a little to tight or occasionally don't even fit at all. Now, since most of the caps I buy are pretty rare, even though they don't fit, I find it very disheartening to send them back or sell them. So on went the search to find a cap stretcher. First place to look was ofcourse LIDS and they had nothing and no ideas. Next stop was Herb's Hat Shop on the southeast side of San Antonio. I grew up near there and always wanted to make a stop in, just because they were an established boot and hat shop that has been around for over 35 years. I stopped in and presented my issue and a few caps. They were able to stretch the caps on a pnuematic cowboy hat stretcher, although they had never tried this before on baseball caps, they were confident it would work. She then let me try a more home friendly method (as seen below). This is the "Hat Jack" and basically you just put it inside the hat and torque down on the tension rod and this stretches the hat. Do NOT over tighten or you can bust seems, but if you have a hat that is your size and it just needs to be stretched a little, put this gadget in there and let it sit for a day. This is a fantastic method, I have used it on half a dozen caps so far and it works. Just remember do not over stretch!

You can get yours from:
4922 Rigsby Avenue
San Antonio, TX 78222
(210) 648-9242

http://www.herbshatshop.com/

Cost was around $18 usd and you should be able to call them and order one... Good luck...


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I'm a little confused as to what size hat jack I should buy. I have a 7 1/4 new era hat that fits too snug and would like to stretch it a bit. Do I buy the small or medium sized jack?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zhangjiagang Xiehe Medical Apparatus & Instruments Co., Ltd is a specialized manufacture in emergency stretchers and relevant medical equipments, which integrates new product development, scientific research and ambulance stretcher sales wholly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are a framer or artist, it is safe to say that you use stretcher bars from time to time. These are an essential part of your business, and having one of these that you can rely on is a very big deal.Back Scratchers

    ReplyDelete