Angelus Top Ad

New Era Spike Lee Joint 2.0 Yankee fitted

Spike Lee's relationship with New Era began in '96 when he approached the company with a request of a one-of-a-kind, red, New York Yankees fitted. They fulfilled Spike's request and sent it to him to wear at the World Series that year. Since then, Lee has done a few collaborations with New Era including the "Spike Lee Joint" cap collection.

"When it came time to design another cap with New Era, it seemed fitting that it represent the most decorated franchise in professional sports -- the New York Yankees," said Spike Lee. Spike Lee designed a cap for New York Yankees 26 World Series Championships. On the cap, Lee inscribed each year the Yankees won their 23 championships on a pennant up to the year 2000.

This is the one from 2009...

I dont know the full extent of it but I think there was one version done in September of 2009 that was a different than this one released in November of 2009. I think it had 1923 and 2000 embroidered on the front, which at the time of the release was the first and last of the 26 years the club had won World Series titles. Anyone with any information that can clear up my confusion, please reach out to me and let me know if I am correct.



Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments